The field of family law, or “matrimonial law” as it sometimes called, is a very diverse and unique area of law that focuses on domestic relations and family matters. Cases can be extremely complex, not to mention costly and lengthy. Cases can range from adoption and protection from civil harassment to postnuptial agreements and domestic violence. We cover it all.
However, the more common areas that cases arise in are those that revolve around civil unions, domestic partnerships, and marriages, but more specifically, the related issues that arise from the termination of those relationships such as:
- Alimony/spousal support
- Annulments, domestic partnership and dissolution, legal separation
- Child custody and visitation rights, child support
- Divorce, mediation, post-judgement issues, property division
- Temporary restraining orders
- Military family law
- Paternity fraud and testing
If you find yourself involved in any of these situations, contact our Berkeley divorce attorneys and legal team that are caring and compassionate toward your needs. At the Strong Family Law firm, we take pride in the services we provide our clients. For us, our clients are our first priority.
Choose an Experienced Family Law Firm
Finding a family attorney in Berkeley, CA is not challenging. After all, a simple Google search yields about 300,000 results. The real difficulty lies in finding the best legal firm for your specific needs. And that legal firm is the Strong Family Law firm. We have taken care of clients in the Berkeley area and throughout the greater Bay Area for many years.
The following 10 questions should help you prioritize the most essential factors to look for when choosing a family law attorney in Berkeley, CA:
- Can my attorney develop a legal strategy for resolving my case as advantageously as possible? Will they explain my options and share the pros and cons of each one?
- Do your attorneys carry themselves courteous and professionally? Do they speak intelligently and intelligibly?
- Does your Berkeley divorce lawyer have the necessary experience and expertise that is required to handle my specific case?
- If I need to go to a court hearing or a trial, will my attorney be available and prepared to accompany me?
- Is your practice limited to the field of family law and related matters? In other words, are you experts in this field of law?
- Once my case begins, will my family lawyer in Berkeley be able to ensure that the legal process will keep moving toward a fair and reasonable settlement?
- Will my family attorney give me answers when required and will they take the time to explain things in my terms?
- Will my family lawyer have my best interests in mind? Will they listen to me, not just hear what I’m saying?
- Will my divorce attorney in Berkeley have the necessary resources required to ensure that I receive the personal service that I deserve and be given sound legal advice?
Now, ask yourself the 10th question after your initial consultation at the Strong Family Law firm with your family law attorney:
10) Do I feel comfortable letting this attorney represent me and handle my case?
For more information regarding our legal services, practice areas, and family attorneys in Berkeley, CA, please contact the Strong Family Law firm today. Talk with us today and let us help you put your life together again. Legally, it is best to have a good lawyer in your corner when you are seeking legal solution for your problems.
For a FREE Consultation, please fill out any of our online forms for the quickest response.